Identified by mrodi
Laramie Pro Demi (profonts)
Preview Image
Identified by mrodi
ITC Studio Script Alt (Linotype)
Preview Image
Identified by mrodi
click for full-size image

Font is very similar to Freehand 591, but not quite there.

2804d 1h 29m 1s ago

Font identified as ITC Studio Script Alt.

2804d 1h 15m 10s ago

Font identified as Laramie Pro Demi.

2804d 1h 14m 52s ago

Font identified as TF Saginaw.

Three versions of the font designed by Robert Evans, choose yours ;)

2804d 1h 12m 45s ago

Case marked solved.

2804d 42m 52s ago

Studio Script Alt is the winner! Thanks much! :)

2804d 42m 5s ago

You’re welcome! glad I could help.

2803d 23h 33m 49s ago

Case marked unsolved.

2803d 5h 1m 21s ago

Thank you to mrodi for correctly identifying this as our TFSaginaw.

There is a showing of our authentic TFSaginaw Bold, generated from our Treacyfaces typesampler, at http://www.treacyfaces.com/TFSaginawBold_TREACYFACES.jpg

If mrodi or someone else can help me post it where “No sample available” appears at the start of this thread, I’d be grateful.

Headliners' Bob Evans created the ruling pen script design about 1960 as an outgrowth of handlettered ad and magazine headlines he was doing. In the 1960s, he named it Laramie (not the like-named design you see elsewhere in this thread!).

In 1992, before Treacyfaces permanently assumed the Headliners library under contract in 1995, Mr Evans changed the design name to Saginaw, for reasons that were important to him as designer and custodian of the design for about 32 years.

In 1995, since the lettering had for quite a while been the Headliners logo font, I combined it with our Treacyfaces mark to create the Treacyfaces/Headliners design that our customers have seen on Treacyfaces catalogs and at treacyfaces.com since 1996.

After 1995, I went on to personally draw many more varieties of TFSaginaw, and far beyond the original Light, Medium and Bold, there are now 12 varieties. All can be seen and licensed at treacyfaces.com.

For those here that truly care about nuance and true quality, and not simply where your next free fonts are coming from, you might find it interesting and helpful to scrutinize our authentic TFSaginaw: how it truly contains Bob’s intended ruling pen script design, not the rubbery blobbiness of the others cited in this thread.

Thanks again, mrodi. And thanks to everyone here at WTF for listening and allowing me to update your knowledge base regarding TFSaginaw.

All the best,
Joe Treacy
President & Director of Typography
Treacyfaces, Inc.

2803d 4h 9m 46s ago

Add a response

Email updates

You can sign up to receive email notifications when there is activity on this case.

MyFonts does not endorse the content of any outside sites which may be linked in forum responses.