0 items, $0.00
Submitted on Apr 10, 2008
by CatsnDogs

Similar fonts

(none)
click for full-size image

Please, I searched and searched but couldn't find this one... Anyone got a clue? Thanks!

2703d 14h 52m 9s ago

Responses

batman8762:

(no message)

2697d 15h 14m 22s ago
janwayne@*.org:

alexx, at first glance this appears to be a font, and it is indeed gorgeous calligraphy, but when blown up...you can see that the duplicate letters do not match. They are quite close...but not exact, and would be were this a font. (unless it is an Open Type that I do not recognize, but I’m doubtful about that). I could try to find some similar fonts for you if you would like. Let me know.

Case marked not-a-font.

2697d 12h 49m 26s ago
CatsnDogs:

jan, first of all, thanks! I didn’t think of matching duplicate letters - that was a sharp one! :)

If you have suggestions to similar fonts I would be grateful cause like you said it is a beautiful calligraphy indeed! I already found the popular “Swan song” but more would only help.

Again, thanks!

2696d 41m 38s ago
janwayne@*.org:

LOL! Swang Song was the first that came to mind! Anyway, I’m happy to help out, but will have to be Friday. I’m was past my beddie-bye and am hitting a wall.

2695d 23h 30m 51s ago
creedo:

I’m about 94% sure it’s a font, will keep looking, hopefully not wasting my time :)

2693d 10h 13m 57s ago
creedo:

Changed my mind lol :/

While some letters are just supernaturally consistent, and it’s possible differences can be the result of opentype happiness, there are other covers with this lettering and their letters are all different too. example:
http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/images/n11/n55153.jpg

So, nice handwriting it is... this designer should make it a font.

2693d 1h 15m 38s ago
janwayne@*.org:

Oooh! I agree, creedo. It is lovely calligraphy.

2693d 18m 49s ago
CatsnDogs:

So differences is possible for Opentype? Didn’t know that - Yum, yum! :)

I love to get my hands on this one though. It’s really beautiful.

2691d 1h 30m 28s ago
creedo:

well, it’s pretty much confirmed not a font, because it appears to be the work of a well-known calligrapher named Ruth Rowland:

http://www.typophile.com/node/44465

Her work is really amazing. Part of the reason for the consistency is she’ll scan and re-use a couple of letters (within each job, not for all of her work). Sneaky~

And yeah, opentype is neat, it not only lets you choose alternates, it can automatically fit in the best alternate in certain situations (like... if this were a font, it would automatically make the taller, longer r to fit over the y, but choose the regular r to fit over an o)

2690d 20h 50m 9s ago

Add a response

Email updates

You can sign up to receive email notifications when there is activity on this case.

MyFonts does not endorse the content of any outside sites which may be linked in forum responses.