0 items, $0.00
Submitted on Nov 28, 2008
by tophy52

Identified fonts

Motter Ombra (Othmar Motter)
No sample available
Identified by schwalbenkoenig
click for full-size image

Please Help, just can't put a name on this old font !

2559d 15h 19m 46s ago

Font identified as Motter Ombra (Othmar Motter).

See threads for detail: Roro had an inofficial digitization (with cyrillcs) as Motter Hombre at Dafont.

2559d 14h 36m 39s ago

Thanks my friend !!
Roro “had”, it’s not here anymore,
tha’ts why i couldn’t find it
called DSMotterHo, but only outlined and it’s not quite the one, DSMotterHomb is only UpperCase.

On Typophile you said:
but can’t find a download/buy site
even on motterfonts.com nor at fontshop.de

I knew it was a Letraset
where did it go ?

2559d 12h 15m 18s ago

Tophy, as far as I know it was never digitized. The only digital approximation was Motter Hombre. At Motterfonts they claim that they will sell them soon, but they said that a long while ago. Sorry.

2559d 6h 29m 51s ago

Sent the Motters an email about the digital availabilty of their fonts. In short and rough translation:
Motter Ombra is available digitally for two weeks, now. Also Faktum, Femina, Ferrum and Ornata. Soon available will be Tektura and Air.
The price is 30 Euro per weight. All of their fonts are based on the original designs and should be an improvement to the questionable and inofficially designed downloadable freefonts (especially Femina)

They will send via email or ftp. The website will be featured with direct download via paypal.

So just send them an email on siegmund [at] motter [dot] at and you can licence your font.

The original response in german:
»die Ombra ist seit 2 Wochen digital verfügbar.
Zudem die: 
- Faktum, 
- Femina, 
- Ferrum und die
- Ornata.
Sie kosten jeweils 30 Euro (netto), die Faktum je Schnitt 
(5 Schnitte, jeweils normal + kursiv).
Die Tektura und die Air sind in Arbeit.

Alle unsere Fonts fussen auf den analogen Original-Reinzeichnungen. 
Das betrifft speziell die Femina, von der leider sehr schwache, unauthorisierte Kopien kursieren.

Wenn Du Interesse hast, könnte ich Sie Dir via Email und/oder Mac-ftp zukommen lassen. Die Schriftwebsite wird/soll künftig mit Downloadfunktion und Paypal ausgestattet sein.«

Update: Siegmund Motter affirms that Luc de Groot was responsible for the digitization of Motter Faktum, Motter Ornata und Motter Ferrum

2556d 16h 49m 30s ago

Case marked solved.

2070d 8h 43m 39s ago

Add a response

Email updates

You can sign up to receive email notifications when there is activity on this case.

MyFonts does not endorse the content of any outside sites which may be linked in forum responses.