(none)
click for full-size image

(no message)

3492d 5h 54m 52s ago

Responses

J-Louise Heron:

Only the new Barbie is availabe - we think this one was handlettered

http://yellow-rose.org/fonts.html

You may want to read what others have said (on another forum)...

http://www.dafont.com/forum/search.php?3,search=barbie,page=1,match_type=ALL,match_dates=365,match_forum=THISONE,body=1,author=1,subject=1

3492d 4h 36m 3s ago
Eyehawk:

Wow! That is a harsh forum, Jackie. :{

3492d 4h 18m 52s ago
J-Louise Heron:

LOL

Sometimes brutal...

But I enjoy them - it took me a long while to get use to what was going on...

3492d 4h 17m 31s ago
janwayne@*.org:

Frankly, ey, that forum scares the bejeezus out of me. I prefer the (relatively) docile eggheads here...and I mean that in a good way.

3492d 3h 24m 15s ago
J-Louise Heron:

That board is a bit different. The majority of people on it are looking for free fonts. There are many young adults, college students, HS students, etc. from all over world. I have not been in touch with music in years - nor have I seen their type of type treatment in the professional world.

Here we tend to have professionals and folks who understand that the font they want - will most likely be a commercial/non-gratis font. Sometimes they really do need the help of a true type-lover to have their questions met.

The regulars over there are tired of people not helping themselves. So many of the same questions are asked - it feels like - on a daily basis. How many times can we tell folks that Catull is the font that Google is in - and yes, it’s from Berthold, and yes, you must pay for it...

And think about it - I've been answering more of the free-font info here... I would never have known those fonts if it weren't for that forum... :-)

Never too old to learn - and as long as I can read....

P.S. Jan, now that you can switch your name - how about Jandotcom... that way we know its you :-) the first Jan@*com! or just Jan....

3492d 3h 16m 47s ago
janwayne@*.org:

Chris told me what he was going to do...the post at the top of the forum, so he said to jump on jan*.com before the other Jan and thus jan*.com could stay as me...uh...mine.

Re: the dafont forum...I do go and read things there...but it is a much younger, wilder crowd! BTW: I think you are a great moderator there.

3492d 1h 12m 59s ago
J-Louise Heron:

and I'm chopped liver here???

The owner made me a moderator - before I had 10 messages up there - I think he already knew me from here. They are mostly French, and well, I'll just say English is not their native language... they needed someone with type experience and a grasp of English. They have told me I do have something to offer - go figure....

3492d 1h 6m 29s ago
Eyehawk:

Once you're hooked, Jackie...;)

3491d 7h 18m 37s ago
tobinj:

Font identified as eps.

Hi,

This font doesn't have the star over the “i” but as far as that goes it’s on. Hope it works

3490d 4h 13m 8s ago
tobinj:

Case marked solved.

3490d 4h 12m 29s ago
Eyehawk:

Tobinj, that is not a font. It is an EPS of the Barbie logo.

3490d 4h 11m 18s ago
Eyehawk:

Case marked unsolved.

3490d 4h 10m 35s ago
donahoo:

PMFJIH, but what is EPS?

3490d 3m 19s ago
philippedada:

Encapsulated PostScript -- usually “pictures” -- art

.bmap, .scr, .suit, .ttf -- those are fonts (or parts of fonts)

3489d 23h 24m 33s ago
Eyehawk:

They are similar to JPEG’s, which most people are more familiar with.

An EPS (or .eps as you see the attachment on a document) is just one of several formats that carry all the info you need to open up the document and use it.

In the case of the Brands of the World site, those EPS’s are line drawings (vector artwork), which makes them easy to use.

3489d 20h 24m 47s ago
daysleeper:

Font identified as ‘EPS’ must be the funniest thing ever posted on this forum.
Rofl.

3489d 20h 16m 6s ago
donahoo:

Thanks a lot, I've learned a lot from you guys.

3489d 16h 23m 23s ago
manina:

Font identified as Barbie.

Case marked solved.

3234d 22h 54m 45s ago
lisacha:

Why are all the links to this page dead?

3234d 6h 49m 44s ago
Mark-R:

Three things. First, some of those links are 257 days old. Second, the dafont.com forum was shut down when they discovered it was too easy to hack into. Finally, the last person to post gave a bogus link.

3234d 6h 45m 55s ago
This thread is closed to further posts.

Email updates

You can sign up to receive email notifications when there is activity on this case.

MyFonts does not endorse the content of any outside sites which may be linked in forum responses.