0 items, $0.00
Submitted on Mar 17, 2006
by linktgf

Similar fonts

(none)
click for full-size image

The cover of the original Megadeth album (http://lyrics.dax.ru/lyrics/cd/megadeth-killing_is_my_business.jpg) has the band’s logo written in a font I have not been able to identify. Given that this album had a rushed production on the artwork I doubt that they produced a new font specifically for the cover.

If it helps, the album was released in 1985 (for time period reference)

thank you in advance

- adrian ramirez

3424d 16h 53m 27s ago

Responses

linktgf:

bump :(

3416d 2h 58m 12s ago
graphic6:

This sample is actually a typeface called English Tudor which was dewigned by Letraset in 1981 as dry-transfer lettering.
English Tudor was an open face black letter, the sample shown is someone filled in the open areas to make a solid version for the logo shown.

English Tudor has not been digitized as of yet, it could happen by having an open and a solid version.

You can find English Tudor in Letraset Graphics Manual (1981-1997).

Yours truly,
Robert

3415d 17h 18m 12s ago
linktgf:

Thank you much Robert! I've been looking for this typeface forever and I am a bit disappointed in it not being digitized (as I was planning to use it for the Megadeth tribute album I am producing) but now I am one step closer to finding what I need :)

Do you know of any place (besides the Letraset Graphics Manual) online I can see samples of this typeface?

thank you again!

- adrian

3415d 16h 2m 50s ago
linktgf:

Case marked solved.

3415d 16h 2m 41s ago
linktgf:

Case marked not-a-font.

3415d 16h 46s ago

Add a response

Email updates

You can sign up to receive email notifications when there is activity on this case.

MyFonts does not endorse the content of any outside sites which may be linked in forum responses.