by mibishibi

Identified fonts

No sample available
Identified by emechip
Major Production NF (Nick's Fonts)
Preview Image
Identified by Mike F.
click for full-size image

anyone know the font of the movie ratings?

3413d 2h 24m 2s ago

J-Louise Heron:
3413d 1h 52m 44s ago

also, the ‘NC’ is not the same font as the ‘RPG’

3413d 1h 45m 40s ago
Mike F.:

Font identified as Major Production NF.

My understanding is that there is no font. These are just graphics (and, as Philippe alluded to, inconsistent in style). I knew, though, that I had seen a new release font that mimics these but couldn’t find it until now (it was referred to on

I predict that this font, which incorporates both movie titling and MPAA ratings symbols, becomes a best seller for Nick Curtis.

3406d 11h 5m 57s ago

Great find, Mike!

3406d 10h 4m 5s ago

jus' LOVE it when mixed mess becomes the STANDARD '

3406d 6h 52m 52s ago

Yes, that ‘C’ will always look out of place.

3406d 6h 48m 0s ago

Believe me, it’s definitely a font. I saw a poster at the movie theater yesterday that all the text was written with the font. I don’t think they would make characters and not a whole font family.

3087d 13h 24m 54s ago
J-Louise Heron:

John - are you part of

And it was not unusual for each movie production house to stick whatever font they wanted for a rating system...

Maybe one day they will get their act together.

3087d 13h 19m 12s ago

Pretty font !!

3086d 6h 15m 10s ago

Font identified as Melior.

Appears to be derived from old Linotype version of the Melior font, possibly extended to some degree.

2642d 10h 13m 2s ago

Case marked solved.

2447d 3h 12m 38s ago

Melior is a good guess, but it’s not the same. You can see that the serifs in the movie rating font are rounded. Although Melior has similar rounded brackets, (as seen on the ‘P’ or the ascender of the ‘R’) the serifs are square.

Also, there is a rectangular shape caused by the drastic contrasting stroke weight that is quite noticeable in forms such as ‘G’ and in the bowl of the ‘R’ or the ‘P’. Melior, being a very circular typeface, lacks this.

The contrasting stroke widths in the poster font create a more rectangular shape that is quite noticeable in forms such as ‘G’ and in the bowl of the ‘R’ or ‘P’.

2080d 1h 2m 40s ago

Add a response

Email updates

You can sign up to receive email notifications when there is activity on this case.

MyFonts does not endorse the content of any outside sites which may be linked in forum responses.