0 items, $0.00
Submitted on Jul 26, 2006
by arahardj

Identified fonts

Providence-Bold
No sample available
Identified by Stephen Coles
click for full-size image

This font is most likely copyrighted - but I just want something that’s very close.

3319d 20h 13m 36s ago

Responses

janwayne@*.org:

It is arahardj, see here http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/forum/case/39357/, but sort of close (although no cigar) is Good Dog Plain.

3319d 19h 13m 4s ago
Stephen Coles:

Similar: FF Providence.

Other similar fonts in Typographica’s list of hand lettered serifs.

3124d 21h 12m 53s ago
J-Louise Heron:

Font identified as Providence-Bold.

Hi wonderhurt

Nice similar feeling you found. Please next time, use the fonts that is on WTF - only if is does not exist here suggest someone else’s site.

Thank you.

Case marked solved.

3124d 20h 57m 30s ago
thorrut:

Anyone know where to score a free copy of Providence Greek Bold

2761d 3h 2m 40s ago
J-Louise Heron:

This is a very inappropriate question thorrut. This site exists because it SELLS fonts. The majority of people that use this site are professionals and they know legally they must have legal fonts.

Do not ask for commercial fonts for free. You are asking someone to help you commit a crime.

2761d 2h 37m 58s ago
tennessee:

First of all I am sure the people at Life is Good have made a font out of the drawing by now. Making fonts is not hard but I am also sure they have copyrighted it for their uses only. As for JackieT, no that is NOT an inapproiate question as their are some people who help each other out and some who feel the need to be the worlds policemen so go back in your little room and let the rest of us play together nicely. You can find a copy of the font at [Link removed]

2317d 6h 54s ago
thorrut:

Thanks, it may have seemed inappropriate, but if the FONT Giants would come off the cost of a font once in a while there wouldn’t have to be an underground of font exchange activity.

2317d 5h 46m 59s ago
mrodi:

“Making fonts is not hard” are you kidding me!?
Why do you bring up a year+ old-solved-thread, tennessee? and why so harsh?

I need to design and print my die cut business cards... lets play together nicely... you surely can design my business cards for free, right?

2317d 4h 36m 49s ago
J-Louise Heron:

Tennessee

It was very inappropriate - tell me, as a child did you ever walk into a candy store and just want to take the candy? If you had parents who taught you right from wrong - you would know, it is okay to think that way - but, you do not steal. You pay the store owner the money and chose what you wanted.

Why are fonts any different?

Meanwhile - very nice Tennessee, I heard from my pal mrodi - you are going to design all of our logos for us (how many moderators now? 12, 14?) and print us up business cards. What a pal? Glad I don’t have to steal or pay for your services.

P.S. Thorrut - if you cannot afford fonts - there are so many out there that are legit for use without charge. So pray tell, what is your excuse now? Don’t want to be without the latest... get use to it - the economy is awful for everyone - even the multi-millionaires...
2317d 4h 15m 37s ago
thorrut:

OK for one, I did pay for the font, and as a kid how many of you sampled the grapes in the produce department. I just needed it for a spec. That’s all, nothing else. I didnt want to spend it unless I needed it. That was one of the only only fonts I didnt have that the customer wanted to see there info in. OK, again this thread is old, good God let it go. I never got it for free, I never bought the font I drew the font they wanted, because they wanted to tweak certain ligatures. So there!!!

2317d 3h 48m 51s ago
J-Louise Heron:

and that’s the way it should be. Many times we custom draw the letters for a layout (meanwhile, if you are a professional at this, you’ll know never do anything for spec) --

I’m not the one that revived this thread from the dead - but I don’t think I’ll ever accept someone coming in and asking for a commercial font for free.

2317d 3h 44m 27s ago
thorrut:

One I am a professional at this, but that is neither here nor there. I asked where I can score a free font, sue me. Hold on wait a minute do you work for the music industry or the movie industry. No! So step off the ivory tower come down to reality. I wanted to try the font for a spec to see how it would work.

Spec is short for speculative. Didn’t say it wasn’t sold, it was a speculative project for a client who is on a retainer basis (already sold)!

Subject done it’s over with! Leave it alone or should we shake some dust off of someone else’s skeletons in the closet.

Oh yeah, I did not inhale!!!

2317d 3h 8m 41s ago
thorrut:

Sorry for the rant, bad day, can we please play nice. I made a mistake let’s move on please. Sorry!

2317d 2h 57m 11s ago
mblack24:

To add to this discussion, the font used in the life is good logo is in fact hand done and is not part of any font. There is, however, a Life is Good font called the “Life is Good Homemade Font” that is available to retailers and Genuine Life is Good Shoppes. This is the font used on the majority of the t-shirts that is slightly different than the lettering in the logo.

Life is Good has another font they use called “Jacoby”, which is a toned down version of the “Life is Good Homemade Font”. This font is also only available to the sources above. I happen to have the Life is Good Style Guide, so I know for a fact that these fonts exist.

Just thought I’d help put an end to the argument whether it existed or not. =)

2232d 23h 16m 59s ago

Add a response

Email updates

You can sign up to receive email notifications when there is activity on this case.

MyFonts does not endorse the content of any outside sites which may be linked in forum responses.