0 items, $0.00
Submitted on Aug 4, 2006
by blakemichaelson

Similar fonts

Market Deco
No sample available
click for full-size image

Any suggestions? I'd like to be faithful to this piece of history in my work...

3349d 21h 30m 52s ago

What year was that sign erected?

3349d 11h 48m 39s ago

Looks like Kem Weber to me?
see thread:

3349d 8h 19m 5s ago

It is not exact, Pixie. Note the M, also the size of the bowls in the P and R. Also, the center bar in the E looks centered in the sample. Oh, and the K.

There are several that have the same feel that I found, but had similar problems.

It might be a font that hasn’t made it into the digitized age, or a font made up by the sign company or an agency.

That was one reason I asked the age of the sign. A creation date might help one of the gurus find something.

3349d 7h 8m 0s ago

To the best of my knowledge the sign was erected ca 1930...

3348d 1h 37m 9s ago

I just noticed that the center bar of the E is lower in the word “Market” than it is in “Center”. That might suggest a custom-made job. It could be a made up face borrowed from the faces of that era. I’ll do a further search using the date as a guide.

No luck. I suppose you could simply call it an “Art Deco” style.

3347d 10h 43m 55s ago

Kinda looks like MostraThree?

3337d 10h 8m 27s ago
3272d 1h 4m 52s ago

Case marked solved.

3272d 1h 2m 10s ago
J-Louise Heron:

That’s a really nice find Lisa. Don’t know how you stumbled upon it - but most likely the closest Blake will come to keeping true to the font. Good job!

3271d 17h 40m 1s ago

Thanks! If you look here the “R’s” are the same. The picture first posted isn’t a very good shot.

3271d 14h 10m 6s ago

Hi,i happen to have a prob like this way back in college. And you did a remarkable job!

[EDIT: Spam removed]

2206d 1h 4m 42s ago

It’s Market Deco http://tinyurl.com/y9fy9oh
(Sorry if it’s already mentioned above.)

2148d 16h 55m 50s ago

I think this may be what you are looking for.

Font identified: Market Deco.
2148d 15h 12m 6s ago

Something else that’s related to Labor Day that I saw on YouTube today was this video all about the Pike Place Market going green:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IfmH4Vp1KI . You should check this out.

Case marked “not a font.”
1855d 18h 43m 41s ago

Add a response

Email updates

You can sign up to receive email notifications when there is activity on this case.

MyFonts does not endorse the content of any outside sites which may be linked in forum responses.