Submitted on Oct 26, 2012
by raycrp@[17345].com

Fonts identified so far

(none)
click for full-size image

We're trying to reverse engineer old T-shirts from our marching band program in preparation for the school’s 50th anniversary next year. This marching band show shirt (front on top, back on bottom) from 1992 has had the screen-printed ink deteriorate over time, and as a result, WhatTheFont can't properly detect any of the letters. Identifont can't figure it out either. Someone on these forums suggested Wedding Text / Linotext, which is VERY close, but not exact... and we're looking for exact. I'd rather not have to do a vector tracing by hand...

1200d 18h 20m 2s ago

Responses

Tecnotronic:

Also close is ‘Wedding’ by HiH:

http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/hihretrofonts/wedding/

(The three were designed by Morris Fuller Benton).

1200d 17h 28m 22s ago
raycrp@[17345].com:

Thank you for the response (almost forgot about this). “Wedding” is also close, which suggests the font in question might also have been by Benton, but in browsing several font archives with listings by designers, I still haven’t come up with an exact match... which, unfortunately, is what the organization is looking for. I’ve browsed through thousands of blackletter fonts on MyFonts, Identifont, The Font Pool, etc., but can’t seem to locate this Wedding-like font with hooks on the uppercase letters and less of a bottom left tail on the “R” and so on...

1087d 12h 3m 41s ago

Add a response

Email updates

You can sign up to receive email notifications when there is activity on this case.

MyFonts does not endorse the content of any outside sites which may be linked in forum responses.