What is it?
Using a pen or other implement to create, as its Greek derivation tells us, beautiful (calle) writing (graphos). Unlike the lettering artist, the calligrapher typically uses familiar strokes of the pen to draw letters.
• Belle Lettere
• Britannica: Calligraphy
• Cynscribe Calligraphy Compilation
• The Society of Scribes and Illuminators
• Vellum Gallery of Calligraphy, Illumination, and Letter Arts
• Victoria and Albert Museum: Modern Calligraphy Collection
• CBBAG: Calligraphy
• Islamic Calligraphy with Mohamed Zakariya
People in the field of Calligraphy
We know of 115 people who work in this field: