Page No. 508 was designed by William Hamilton Page in 1887 as one of a series of designs for die-cut wood types for the firm of Page & Setchell of Norwich, Connecticut. Page & Setchell was the successor to The William H. Page Wood Type Company and was sold to the Hamilton Manufacturing Company of Two Rivers, Wisconsin in 1891.
508 is a heavy all-caps font designed for headline work. It has a strong presence that reverses out well (light-colored type on a dark background).
Great for retro style posters.