About this font family
Thystle is a “font for all seasons”. It has six styles ranging from fine to in-your-face, from delicate mono-weight pen strokes to fully calligraphic lines, from delicate, narrow characters to bold, powerful statements. Characteristically, all the styles abound with Anton Scholtz’s energetic “creative common” style - extravagant capitals, clear characters, and bursting-with-life swashes.
Three Thystle styles are calligraphic. You can use:
- Regular for invitations, poems, greeting cards and body text
- Black for swing tags, music media, menus and sub-headings
- Fat for posters, book covers and headings More…
Three Thystle styles are monolinear. You can use:
- Mono1, which is both delicate and condensed in width, for invitations, poems, greeting cards and body text
- Mono2, which is of medium weight and condensed in width, for swing tags, music media, menus and sub-headings
- Mono3, which is heavier and of standard width, for posters, book covers and headings.
Opentype features include alternative upper case characters, as well as a number of ligatures. (These can be used in applications that access OpenType features.)
Thystle contains over 283 characters - (upper and lower case characters, punctuation, numerals, symbols and accented characters for both Text and Display caps). It has all the accented characters used in the major European languages.