0 items, $0.00

Intertype

Harris inherited the Harris-Intertype library, made up of the faces cut by Intertype to compete with Mergenthaler from the First World War. A small group of original typefaces centers on newspaper faces and scripts. In the thirties C.H. Griffith at Mergenthaler believed the linecaster to be unsuitable for the development of scripts, which led Ed Schaar at Intertype to claim this market as their own. Intertype became Harris-Intertype c1960, and Harris c1975.

Foundry details

  • Location:
    Harris-Intertype
    1025 West NASA Boulevard
    Melbourne, FL 32919
    United States of America
    phone: 321-727-9100
map pin