Some biographical notes from Robert Oster:
- Born September 29, 1959 in Tanunda — population 2,500 at the time — in the world-famous wine growing district of the Barossa Valley, Australia.
- Family owns the Eden Valley Winery in the Barossa Valley. Sometimes wine plays a part in his font styling!
- First experience in design as a typographer and advertising designer for own advertising company in early 1990s.
- Began designing under the brand Australian Faces in 1999.
- Recent experience designing Bluegum and a family named Australian Sans, apart from client customizations.
- Currently designing in Sydney, Australia.
- Favorite font designer is Erik Spiekermann.
- Favorite font is Meta because of its day-to-day practicality and slick features.