Spiece Graphics End User License Agreement
This is a legal Agreement between you (either an individual or an entity), the end user, and Spiece Graphics (except for multi-CPU licenses in which case another document supplements this one and outlines your upgraded license. If you do not agree to terms of this license, you may obtain a full refund by contacting the place where you obtained this Software within fifteen (15) days and presenting proof of purchase. Spiece Graphics grants to you a non-exclusive license to use the Software provided that you agree to the following:
1. USAGE. You are allowed to use one copy of the Software on up to five CPUs (including portables) at one time, as long as all of the CPUs are located at a single location. These CPUs can be connected to, and the Software used with, any number of output devices, such as a laser printer, an inkjet printer, an imagesetter, or a film recorder, but the Software may only be downloaded to the non-volatile memory, such as a hard disk, of one output device. If you need to download the Software to more than one output device or install it on more than five CPUs, you must then purchase additional licenses. If there are illustrations or images in the typeface other than letterforms, numbers, punctuation marks, etc., you may not use the Software where the illustration or the image becomes the primary aspect of a product for resale. For example, if an image was used on a coffee cup, to sell the coffee cup or on a T-shirt to sell the T-shirt or on a greeting card to sell the greeting card, etc. You may use the Software at a service bureau or commercial printer provided the service bureau or commercial printer has informed you that it has purchased or been granted a license to use that particular Spiece Graphics Software. You are allowed to make one copy of the Software for backup or archival purposes.
2. COPYRIGHT. The Software is owned by Spiece Graphics and is protected by United States Copyright Laws and International Treaty Provisions. “Software” refers to either the digital typeface files you downloaded to your computer or the contents of the physical disks you purchased. Spiece Graphics reserves all rights not specifically granted to you in this Agreement.
3. RESTRICTIONS. You may not copy, reproduce, decompile, translate, reverse engineer, or attempt to discover the source code of the Software. You may not disassemble, transmit, upload, or distribute the Software to third parties. You may not ship, export, or transfer the Software to other countries in any manner prohibited by the United States Export Administration Act. The trademarks and trade names of Spiece Graphics can only be used to identify printed output produced by the Software. You agree not to remove any trademark or copyright notices from the output produced by the Software. Altering the Software may adversely affect its performance. Spiece Graphics is not responsible for modified and/or regenerated Software. You may not reconfigure the individual character shapes to make new fonts or typefaces of the Software without permission from Spiece Graphics, 6636 Quail Ridge Lane, Ft. Wayne, IN 46804-2876.
4. TRANSFER. You may not rent, lease, sublicense, distribute, disseminate, give away, or lend the Software. You may, however, transfer all your rights to use the Software to another person or legal entity provided that you transfer this Agreement and transfer (or destroy) the Software, including all copies and prior versions, and all documentation to such person or entity and provided that you retain no copies, including copies stored on a computer.
5. LIMITED WARRANTY. Spiece Graphics warrants that the Software will perform in accordance with the specifications published by Spiece Graphics for a period of ninety (90) days from date of receipt. Spiece Graphics makes no other warranties, express or implied. The warranties of fitness for a particular purpose and merchantability are specifically excluded. Spiece Graphics does not warrant that the software is free from all errors and omissions.
6. LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES. Spiece Graphics is not liable to you or the end user for any loss or damage caused directly or indirectly in connection with using the Software. Your exclusive remedy and the sole liability of Spiece Graphics in connection with the Software is repair and replacement of defective parts. Spiece Graphics' cumulative liability for any loss or damage relating to this agreement shall not exceed the purchase price that you paid for the license. In no event will Spiece Graphics be liable for incidental or consequential damages such as lost profits, or lost data, or business interruption, or any damages caused by the abuse or misapplication of the Software.
7. TERMINATION. Any violation by you of this agreement shall cause the license to be terminated without notice. If this agreement is terminated, you agree to destroy all copies of the Software including compressed and archived copies and any related documentation that you possess.
8. GOVERNANCE. This agreement is governed by the laws of the State of Indiana. Any action pertinent to this agreement will be carried out in that state. You acknowledge that you have read, understand, and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement.