CastleType Standard License
CastleType Electronic End User License Agreement for CastleType Fonts
Font Software: 5 Workstation License
NOTICE TO USER:
THIS IS A CONTRACT. BY INSTALLING THIS SOFTWARE YOU ACCEPT ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
This CastleType (“CastleType”) End User License Agreement accompanies this font product and related materials (“Software”). The term “Software” also shall include any upgrades, modified versions or updates of the Software licensed to you by CastleType. Please read this Agreement carefully. At the end, you will be asked to accept this agreement and continue to install or, if you do not wish to accept this Agreement, to decline this agreement, in which case you will not be able to use the Software.
Upon your acceptance of this Agreement, CastleType grants to you a nonexclusive license to use the Software, provided that you agree to the following:
1. Use of the Software. You may install the Software at a single location on a hard disk or other storage device for use on the number of workstations indicated at the beginning of this License Agreement (“Permitted Number of Workstations”); or
- Provided the Software is configured for network use, install and use the Software on a single file server for use on a single local area network for either (but not both) of the following purposes; (1) permanent installation onto a hard disk or other storage device for use on the Permitted Number of Workstations; or (2) use of the Software over such network, provided the number of different workstations on which the Software is used does not exceed being used on the Permitted Number of Workstations.
- Make one backup copy of the Software.
- You may take a copy of font(s) you have used for a particular file to a commercial printer or other service bureau, if such service bureau has informed you that it has purchased or been granted a license to use that particular font software.
- If the font software is needed to be used on more than the Permitted Number of Workstations, or for other purposes, additional licensing may be required and you must contact CastleType for more information.
2. Copyright. The Software is owned by CastleType, and its structure, organization and code are the valuable trade secrets of CastleType. The Software also is protected by United States Copyright Law and International Treaty provisions. You may use trademarks only to identify printed output produced by the Software, in accordance with accepted trademark practice, including identification of trademark owner’s name. Such use of any trademark does not give you any rights of ownership in that trademark. Except as stated above, this Agreement does not grant you any intellectual property rights in the Software. You agree not to modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise attempt to discover the source code of the Software.
3. No Warranty. The Software is being delivered to you AS IS and CastleType makes no warranty as to its use or performance. CASTLETYPE DOES NOT AND CANNOT WARRANT THE PERFORMANCE OR RESULTS YOU MAY OBTAIN BY USING THE SOFTWARE OR DOCUMENTATION. CASTLETYPE MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, AS TO NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT WILL CASTLETYPE BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY LOST PROFITS OR LOST SAVINGS, EVEN IF A CASTLETYPE REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY THIRD PARTY. Some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental, consequential or special damages, or the exclusion of implied warranties or limitations on how long an implied warranty may last, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
4. Governing Law and General Provisions. This Agreement will be governed by the laws of the State of California, USA, excluding the application of its conflicts of law rules. This Agreement will not be governed by the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, the application of which is expressly excluded. If any part of this Agreement is found void and unenforceable, it will not affect the validity of the balance of the Agreement, which shall remain valid and enforceable according to its terms. You agree that the Software will not be shipped, transferred, or exported into any country or used in any manner prohibited by the United States Export Administration Act or any other export laws, restrictions, or regulations. This Agreement shall automatically terminate upon failure by you to comply with its terms. This Agreement may only be modified in writing signed by an authorized officer of CastleType.
CastleType, 1306 Lincoln Avenue, San Rafael, CA 94901-2105 USA
CastleType is a trademark of CastleType.