The French designer Georges Peignot (1872–1914) created the fonts (1914) and (1912).
Georges Peignot designed Cochin™ based on copper engravings of the 18th century and Charles Malin cut the typeface in 1912 for the Paris foundry Deberny Peignot. The font is named after the French engraver Charles Nicolas Cochin (1715–1790) although its style had little to do with that of the copper artist’s. The font displays a curious mix of style elements and could be placed as a part of the typographical Neorenaissance movement. Cochin is especially large and wide and was especially popular at the beginning of the 20th century.