1913: Johannes Wagner, the oldest son of Ludwig Wagner, affiliates a brass rule factory to his father’s type foundry in Leipzig. 1921: Johannes Wagner, his brother Ludwig and his brother-in-law Willy Jahr found the Norddeutsche Schriftgießerei in Berlin. 1949: the business moves to Ingolstadt. 1956: Johannes Wager moves the Ludwig Wagner company to West Berlin. 1965: Johannes Wagner dies. 1972: Arnold Dröse is the new company owner.
Fonts: Aurora-Grotesk (1912), Steinschrift (1912), Fette Antiqua (1913), Druckhaus-Antiqua (1919), (1930) and Neue Aurora Grotesk (1964).