Director of the Klingspor foundry in Offenbach from 1892, his brother Wilhelm joining him in 1895. He died in 1950. In 1953 the Klingspor Museum in Offenbach opened, based on Klingspor’s private collection of items related to the book arts. It now houses the artistic estates of Rudolf Koch, F.H.E. Schneidler, Emil Weiss, and Heinrich Jost, and Rudo Spemann among others.