Languages: English (official), Shona, Sindebele (the language of the Ndebele, sometimes called Ndebele), numerous but minor tribal dialects
Background: The UK annexed Southern Rhodesia from the South Africa Company in 1923. A 1961 constitution was formulated to keep whites in power. In 1965 the government unilaterally declared its independence, but the UK did not recognize the act and demanded...
Currency: Zimbabwean dollar (ZWD, No information)
Data from CIA World Factbook. Click on CIA link for more. Click on map or flag for larger images.
Zimbabwean Font Foundries
Zimbabwean Typographic People
· Saki Mafundikwa
· CreativePro: Trilateral Typography, Africa fonts, ZIVA, by John D. Berry
· U&lc: Graphic Design in Afrika, ZIVA, by Saki Mafundikwa
· zimbabwe institute of vigital arts
· CIA World Factbook: Zimbabwe
· Ethnologue: Languages of Zimbabwe
· BBC Country profile: Zimbabwe