About this font family
Designed at Polygraphmash circa 1940 (project manager Anatoly Shchukin). Based on the text typefaces of the late 19th and early 20th centuries of Obyknovennaya (Common) group.
The digital version developed at ParaType in 1996 by Vladimir Yefimov. Initially designed for a collection of works by Lenin, this typeface was widely used in Soviet Union for technical and scientific books, both for text and display.