Characters Standard License Agreement
By downloading and/or installing Characters Font Software you agree to the following terms:
1. You can install and use the Characters Font Software on one (1) computer at a single location. This computer can be connected to, and the font software used with, any number of output devices, such as a laser printer, ink jet printer, an imagesetter or a film recorder, but the font software may be downloaded to the memory (hard disk or RAM) of only one (1) output device for the purpose of having such font software remain resident in the output device. If you need to download the Characters Font Software to more than one output device or install it on more than one computer, you are required to purchase additional licenses. You are also responsible for securing this data and making sure that unlicensed copies do not leave your possession. If you do not agree to the terms of this license, return the software unused to Characters, Statensingel 199, 6211 PR Maastricht, The Netherlands or [email protected]
2. The digital files downloaded to your computer contain font software that is the intellectual property of and is owned by Characters. This non-exclusive license grants you certain rights to use the font software and is not an agreement for sale of the font software or any portion of it. Except for your right to use the font software granted by this license, all other rights, title of the font software, related trademarks and trade names are owned and retained by Characters.
3. Except as permitted herein, you may not modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, alter or otherwise copy the Characters Font Software.
4. You are permitted to make a single back-up copy. The Characters Font Software or documentation may not be sublicensed, sold, leased, rented, lent, or given away to another person or entity.
5. The Characters Font Software may be returned or exchanged only if defective. Defective software will be replaced when accompanied by a valid sales receipt and Characters is notified within one (1) week of purchase.
6. You agree that any derivative works created by you from the Characters Font Software, including, but not limited to, software, EPS files, or other electronic works, are considered derivative works under the Law of the Netherlands and use of the derivative work is subject to the terms and conditions of this License Agreement. Derivative works may not be sublicensed, sold, leased, rented, lent, or given away without written permission from Characters. Characters shall not be responsible for unauthorized, modified and/or regenerated software or derivative works. Embedding of the Characters Font Software in any form is strictly prohibited without an additional license.
7. The Characters Font Software is protected under domestic and international trademark and copyright law. You agree to identify the Characters fonts by name and credit Characters ownership of the trademarks and copyrights in any design or production credits.
8. Any breach of the terms of this Agreement shall be cause for termination. In the event of termination, and without limitation of any remedies under law and equity, you agree to immediately return the Characters Font Software to Characters and certify that no copy remains in your possession or control.
9. CHARACTERS MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED AS TO MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR OTHERWISE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, CHARACTERS SHALL IN NO EVENT BE LIABLE TO THE LICENSED USER OR ANY OTHER THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING DAMAGES FROM LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE PRODUCT EVEN IF NOTIFIED IN ADVANCE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL CHARACTERS LIABILITY EXCEED THE REPLACEMENT COST OF THE SOFTWARE.
10. Embedding of the Characters Font Software in digital documents or in any other form is governed by a separate license agreement. If an embedding license is desired, the licensee must represent and warrant that licenseeÕs encryption of the embedded Characters Fonts is secure enough to prevent any access or use by others. For more information regarding an Embedding License contact Characters.
The Characters Font Software License Agreement is subject to Dutch Law.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD, AND AGREED TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT.